Friday, July 29, 2011

We're having a baby, my baby and me!

We're having a baby! Tonight I took an E.P.T. home pregnancy test and within seconds, up popped the little plus sign. We suspected the possiblity of being pregnant for a couple weeks now. Some sypmtoms that gave us a clue were the exhaustion that hit me like a ton of bricks and boobs that hurt so badly even taking my bra off is painful! Josh picked up the pregnancy test from the store a few days ago for me. I took it late at night and alone because I wanted some time to myself no matter what the result was. I must admit that when that positive result showed up in the pregnancy test window, I was glad to be alone for the freak out mode. I imediately began to cry and be filled with emotion. I was overwhelmed with joy, and a little bit of fear. ME? a MOM? WOW! Although I knew we had not planned a baby, I knew this was an amazing blessing. When Josh's friend Mike King that was over left for the night, I went downstairs and sat on the husband's lap and told him he was going to be a daddy. Though he can be a man of few words sometimes, his face lit up instantly. This is going to be a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment