BABY HOOPER at a little over 9 weeks
our little gummy bear waving hello
What a happy day! Our morning began with a 9:30am ultrasound appointment. I made sure that I drank plenty of water before the appointment. Our ultrasound technician, Julie, was very friendly and sweet. She let us watch the baby wiggle and took some adorable pictures for us. Julie confirmed that the baby's gestational age appeared to be just as we suspected, which puts our due date at April 3rd, 2012! We were SO happy to be able to see the baby for the first time. I took a picture on my phone and sent it to family and friends. Jen says the baby looks like a little gummy bear. How cute. I also posted a picture on facebook as an official announcement. It was crazy how many people gave us such sweet words right away.
waiting to see Dr. Graham
After our ultrasound, we went to our appointment with Dr. Ernest Graham in Maternal Fetal Medicine, just across the birthing center from the ultrasound area. We did the whole check up routine, including a urine test, blood pressure, weight, and a pap smear. The doctor said all of my blood work and glucose test from my last appointment looked normal. That was good to hear. I worry about any complications that could come up so the reassurance feels great. Dr. Graham was nice. I was glad the husband was there. We are such proud parents already. We talk about the baby all the time.
new camera! the Canon Rebel T3i
After the doctor appointment and some lunch, we headed to the store to pick up a couple things. I had been saving for a nice camera and decided to take the plunge and purchase one today. I did my research and decided I wanted the newest Canon Rebel model. I searched around for the best price, and found a good deal at Best Buy. The package deal included the camera with the standard 18-55mm lens as well as a 55-250mm lens, an extra memory card, a camera bag, and the rest of the standard accessories. I really hope I can learn to use this camera appropriately. I have always loved photography and have a decent eye for good picture opportunities. I want to be able to take my own portraits of the baby, and record many of our family's memories.
Later in the day we had Mike and Teresa over. Teresa made us a delicious salmon sushi and egg roll dinner. It was SO good! Josh even loved it and he has never really tried sushi before. Of course I had some people scolding me about eating sushi, but some people don't do as much research as I do. There is nothing wrong with eating sushi rolls during pregnancy if everything is fully cooked. Any raw meat and fish can be dangerous to a growing baby. I think people just hear the word sushi and and freak out before finding out the details. Anyway, what we made was safe, nutritious, and SO yummy. Maybe I'll try the recipe one of these days.
When we were done with dinner, Teresa and I walked over to Parade Field right next to our neighborhood on Fort Meade for a FREE Blake Shelton concert. I love living on Fort Meade. It's a very peaceful and family oriented army post. I feel very safe and comfortable here. I have lots of areas to go for runs, including a 3.5 mile running trail, a FREE gym where I go to all the cardio classes (like kickboxing, step, bootcamp, and zumba!), the commissary and PX are right across the street, we have a cute townhouse in a nice neighborhood with a beautiful community center, and many other great amenities! Anyway, the show was GREAT! The Mecombers were there with their kids also because the girls like his new "Honey Bee" song. It was pretty neat for Blake Shelton to do a free show for military families. I LOVE a good county concert!
WHAT A DAY!

No comments:
Post a Comment